TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1. What is Encode/Decode Field
- 2. Encode Field Options
- 3. Example and how to use it
1. What is Encode/Decode Field
Encode/Decode field represents a text field whose value is made by taking value from an existing schema field and encoding/decoding it in chosen format.
Additionally encode custom field can be used to transform a URL into an encoded string.
2. Encode Field Options
The name of the Encode field that you would like to see in the Mapping section.
2.2 Encode Type
Types of encoding:
- sha1 - In cryptography, SHA-1 is a cryptographically broken but still widely used hash function that takes an input and produces a 160-bit hash value known as a message digest – typically rendered as a hexadecimal number, 40 digits long.
- sha256 - SHA-256 and SHA-512 are novel hash functions computed with eight 32-bit and 64-bit words, respectively.
- md5 - The MD5 message-digest algorithm is a cryptographically broken but still widely used hash function producing a 128-bit hash value.
- hash - it's a technique to generate a unique fixed-length string (hash) strictly depending on the specific input data.
- base64_encode - In computer programming, Base64 is a group of binary-to-text encoding schemes that represent binary data in sequences of 24 bits that can be represented by four 6-bit Base64 digits.
- crypt - Crypt is meant as a menial form of DRM which protects the code from being run on unauthorized machines.
- crc32 - CRC32 is a popular checksum algorithm used to detect data corruption. Multiple variants of the algorithm exist that have similar mathematical properties.
- ord - function returns the number representing the Unicode code of a specified character.
- strip_tags (HTML) - This function tries to return a string with all NULL bytes, HTML, and PHP tags stripped from a given string
- htmlspecialcharacters_decode - This function is the opposite of htmlspecialchars(). It converts special HTML entities back to characters.
- htmlspecialchars - The htmlspecialchars() function converts some predefined characters to HTML entities.
- trim (Strip Whitespace) - returns a new string after removing any leading and trailing whitespaces including tabs
If there is a type of encoding missing that you wish to use, please contact our support and we will add it as soon as possible.
2.3 Field to Encode
All the fields that you are using in the source mapping that you would like to encode.
2.4 Get URL content
If the field you are trying to encode contains an URL that should be encoded check this box.
3. Example and how to use it
Encode field is used to send an encoded message in a certain format that you choose.
To find the Encoded field simply go to your mapping on the bottom left and click on the "+"
sign where it says custom fields and click on Encode Field
Here are all the configuration options for Encode field:
First Name the field accordingly per your preference.
Choose the Encode Type (in this case sha1)
And choose the field you want to encode.
With that, we will finish our Encode/Decode field article.
We hope that this covers everything. If you have any further questions or need additional clarification please reach out to us via email@example.com or our Chat Widget!
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article